Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blessed

So I have been in a funk lately and I'm pretty sure everyone around me has noticed and is getting pretty tired of it. 
I had a revelation this weekend as to how selfish and spoiled I am being.  I have spent a ton of my energy being depressed and feeling sorry for myself, yet I am blessed beyond measure and have NOTHING to complain about.  I have a family, friends, boyfriend and God who love me and are there for me to infinity and beyond, and way more than I actually deserve.  I have a home, an education, a job and way more material items (GASP-- including shoes) than one person should. 
So in the spirit of the season where Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we can all be saved, I am going to give up negativity and in turn be more grateful.  So I have started this blog to keep me accountable to this promise I have made to myself and God. 
So everyday for the next 40 days I am going to come up with something I am grateful for and post it here so that by the end of this I will have a reminder each day of how truly blessed I am.  I am also going to keep a tab of all of my negative slip-ups and at the end of this for every slip up I am going to find somewhere to donate my time (more slip-ups = more time).  So this way at least some good will come of my impatience.
I apologize to all of the people I have affected by my negativity and I promise to try and do better.  I hope one day you all read this and forgive me and know that I love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment